Little☆Comet (unaccompanied minor) passengers
“Little☆Comet” is a service that helps children aged 6 or 7 (and up to age 11 by request) travel alone.
Children under 6 years old must be accompanied by a passenger 12 years old or over.
- Passengers age 6 or 7 (and up to age 11 by request) who are not accompanied by a passenger 12 years old or over.
- A guardian or stand-in is required to send off and pick up the passenger at the departure and arrival locations.
- This service may not be available for use if there is cause to believe weather or other circumstance may prevent arrival at the destination.
When Making Reservations
Notify staff that you would like to use the Little☆Comet service when you make your reservation.
If you are making a reservation on the Internet, please contact the SF Call Center (Japan domestic flight reservation and information center).
- Please submit an Application and Pledge (not required for children ages 8 - 11).
The Application and Pledge are available at the airport check-in counter.
At Fukuoka Airport/Chubu Centrair International Airport (Nagoya)/Kansai Airport (Osaka)/Yamaguchi Ube Airport, please come to the Counter for Customers Who Need Assistance.
As a rule of thumb, make arrangements 30 minutes before departure time. The check-in counters are expected to be congested during the summer holiday season, so please make arrangements early.
- Attendants seeing off child passengers should stay with them until the boarding gate.
Security Checkpoint Passes for attendants to use to pass through the checkpoints are available at the airport check-in counter.
Only 1 attendant per child passenger is allowed.
- The child will be taken to the arrivals lobby by an airport staff. Attendants are asked to wait in front of the sign.
- When the guardian meets them to pick up the child, he or she will sign for the child.
The airport is extremely busy inside and out during the New Year holidays.
Please allow ample time when you come to see your child off or pick them up.