International flights: Unaccompanied minors
A service that helps children from 6 to 11 years old travel alone. Please contact the International Flight Reservation and Information Center in advance and inform the check-in counter at the airport of departure.
Children under 6 years old must be accompanied by a passenger 12 years old or over.
- Passengers aged 6 to 11 who are not accompanied by a passenger 12 years old or over are eligible.
- A guardian or stand-in is required to send off and pick up the passenger at the departure and arrival locations.
- This service may not be available for use if there is cause to believe weather or other circumstance may prevent arrival at the destination.
When Making Reservations
Notify staff that you would like to use the Unaccompanied Minor service when you make your reservation.
If you are making a reservation on the Internet, please contact the SF CALL CENTER (For International Flight Reservation and Information).
- Please submit an Application and Pledge.
The Application and Pledge are available at the airport check-in counter.
Complete check-in procedures well before your departure time.
- Persons sending off a minor passenger may accompany them to the baggage checkpoint.
- The child will be taken to the arrivals lobby by an airport staff.
- When the guardian meets them to pick up the child, he or she will sign for the child.
Passengers with cell phone services for children should turn the power completely off before boarding.
The airport is extremely busy inside and out during the New Year holidays.
Please allow ample time when you come to see your child off or pick them up.